Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Advice appreciated please.

Dealer called yesterday to say my new CRF1100 will be ready on Thursday. Tried to get insurance yesterday and failed miserably. None of the big companies cover this bike yet in the UK.

Has anyone picked up their CRF1100 yet? Has anyone found an insurance company in the UK who will cover it?

·
Registered
274 Posts
not got mine yet and was waiting for date, but I spoke to my current insurer who said they can cover me.
not actually tried yet so let me know.
mine are Mackenzie Hodgson

·
Registered
229 Posts
not got mine yet and was waiting for date, but I spoke to my current insurer who said they can cover me.

not actually tried yet so let me know.

mine are Mackenzie Hodgson
Didn't have a great experience with Mackenzie Hodgson at renewal.

This happens all the time with new models not being on the insurance database, some will insure at extra cost until it appears, Bennetts in the UK seem to be more on the ball with new models.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I am with Carol Nash for my CRF1000 which I will be keeping and just assumed they would cover the 1100 as well. But no. Tried Brightside, Devitts and Bennetts none of whom could cover me. All 3 of them said they would refer to their underwriters on Monday. Will let you know if any come back with an offer. Dealer will also ask Honda if they need to update their official model list on the insurance databases. When I bought my first Adventure Sport in 2018 there was a simillar delay and after hunting around I found Carole Nash who would cover it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Strange policy in UK.My bike is registerd on 31-10-2019 and my insurance didn,t ask any think. Here in The Netherlands is it so that when you have your license plates it is a legal verhicle and all insurance companies have to accept you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
had no trouble aswel...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Devitts and Bennetts have both come back to me. Bennetts is 50% of the Devitts price so I have gone with them. £368 to cover a 69 plate CRF1000L DCT and the CRF1100L AS DCT ES.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Didn't have a great experience with Mackenzie Hodgson at renewal.

This happens all the time with new models not being on the insurance database, some will insure at extra cost until it appears, Bennetts in the UK seem to be more on the ball with new models.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Just as an update, I didn't get a decent quote from MH either had to jump ship and ended up back at MCE.
Insurance was a lot higher of course due to the fact the value is higher, bike is newer and I had one stolen in 2016.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys.

Advice appreciated please.

Dealer called yesterday to say my new CRF1100 will be ready on Thursday. Tried to get insurance yesterday and failed miserably. None of the big companies cover this bike yet in the UK.

Has anyone picked up their CRF1100 yet? Has anyone found an insurance company in the UK who will cover it?
Lexan ?
High excess but pay for an excess protection policy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts