Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Just took delivery of my brand new Honda Africa twin CRF1000L DCT in Dakar Red. Bought it for a steal - £8950 on £0 deposit 0% finance. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the offer so more-or-less made an impulse purchase. (Thanks Tim at John Banks Honda in Bury-St-Edmunds).
I've been on the VFR1200X Crosstourer for the last two years. Unfortunately, that bike got written off by a driver hitting me side on whilst I was stationary at a set of lights. The Africa Twin might not have the power of the Crosstourer but it still feels plenty powerful enough for me.
Anyway... thanks for reading. Thanks (in advance) for the advice I am about to receive. Off now to scrub in those tyres. Ride safe everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
How did you like the VFR? Compared to the AT. Would you go back to a VFR? Only because I had the choice between the two, and bought the AT. Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutely LOVED the Crosstourer. It is a wonderful beast of a bike. Great engine. The riding position is so similar to the AT that I felt right at home from the first ride. I've only got 60 miles on the AT so far but it feels like a home-from-home (except lighter).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got mine from John Banks as well. Taking a bit of getting used to but loving it.
That deal was amazing wasn't it! I called Tim (sales) as soon as I heard about it. He said their finance director had got themselves into some crazy deal direct with Honda Japan which meant they HAD to shift 3 containers of AT DCTs by Sept 30th so they were more-or-less dumping them at cost.
I couldn't be happier with mine. Feels great to ride. Only poodling around local roads at the moment as I'm awaiting an operation on my shoulder following my off on the Crosstourer - 10 miles and it's in agony - but can't wait to get stuck in ASAP.
Hope you're getting used to it more now. :smile2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you like the VFR? Compared to the AT. Would you go back to a VFR? Only because I had the choice between the two, and bought the AT. Did I miss anything?
Absolutely LOVED the Crosstourer. It is a wonderful beast of a bike. Great engine. The riding position is so similar to the AT that I felt right at home from the first ride. I've only got 60 miles on the AT so far but it feels like a home-from-home (except lighter).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts