Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin 2019 DCT ADS
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct section but I need to start somewhere
Having not long brought my AT just starting to go through all the gadgets and have found that my cruise control doesn’t work I did have issues when I first brought my bike that the heated grips didn’t work as with the help of the forum it was found that someone had turned them off
Can this be the same with the cruise control or do I need to speak with my local dealership
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
No, cruise control is on all models so is not an option to enable or otherwise.

To be sure you are operating it correctly you have to press the round button if it has not been pressed previously. I leave mine enabled all the time but if you don't see the round symbol on the dash it is not on. Anyway once enabled and you are at the speed you want (has to be over 30 I think) you then press down on the Set toggle and that should be your cruise control working.

If you are doing that and it is not working then it is most likely a brake switch that is the problem so have a look and see if one of the brake switches is badly adjusted and your brake light is on when it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

To be sure you are operating it correctly you have to press the round button if it has not been pressed previously. I leave mine enabled all the time but if you don't see the round symbol on the dash it is not on. Anyway once enabled and you are at the speed you want (has to be over 30 I think) you then press down on the Set toggle and that should be your cruise control working.

If you are doing that and it is not working then it is most likely a brake switch that is the problem so have a look and see if one of the brake switches is badly adjusted and your brake light is on when it shouldn't be.
Afternoon thanks for the reply I’m definitely pressing the button as the green light is coming on the dash
I will check when I leave work as I might be not hitting the toggle switch down to activate if this doesn’t work I will then check my brake light switches thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
This is what it looks like with the round button on but cruise control not actually running. Lower dash is orange and upper will show previously set speed or possibly no speed if it has not previously been set.

Mode of transport Gadget Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge

When you press the Set toggle down the lower one will turn green (I think) and "SET" will appear to the right of it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what it looks like with the round button on but cruise control not actually running. Lower dash is orange and upper will show previously set speed or possibly no speed if it has not previously been set.

View attachment 72658

When you press the Set toggle down the lower one will turn green (I think) and "SET" will appear to the right of it.
Awesome great information will check later after I finish work today

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I put on hand guards I had some left over levers that were shorter so I put them on. However new lever did not close the detent on the brake switch causing the CC to not work. Oops back on stock levers.

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts

For clarity, @Hood meant " ... is on all 202x models ... ". :)

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
It seems to be here that for example a 22 year model will be available at the back end of 2021, I know I was a bit pee'd off because I was wanting an ATAS but didn't like gloss black or white/red/blue so ended up going with the standard AT as I liked the matt black, 3 months later Honda brought out the 2022 model and guess what, ATAS in matt black :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts