Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People have had right side foot pegs break off on these bikes. I wonder what the best current solution to it is.

CamelAdv sells a brace to strengthen it, and I'm thinking about buying it.

But it looks like the Honda peg bracket has been improved for the 2018 models, and apparently that bracket works on our older bikes.
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oem...0zb/bracket-r-step-nha86m-mat-ballistic-black
I think the peg mount is different, so I'd need new pegs. Which means I'd need to change the peg bracket on the left as well if I wanted to use a matched pair of pegs? If so this is getting more expensive than buying the CamelAdv brace.

Have you installed the 2018 peg support on an older model? Did you do both sides? What pegs did you use?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just completed the TAT on the AT. Didn't have the right side peg break but did notice the lower peg bolt missing when I got to Colorado. I wonder if folks that are experiencing peg break off because that bolt is falling out and then only one bolt holding it, which would lead to increased opportunity for peg bracket failure. I did drop the bike hard on one of the concrete water crossings but I do have GIVI crash bars and had bags on rear. Both of those may have helped protect the peg bracket.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts