Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never had any other than the stock ones on my KTM.
Do you feel the brakes are lacking on the AT?
Gafler and several other companies make custom ones according to Google.
There is a place in Mesa called the Hose Advantage store that can do it but they would need to see the cable to make sure the proper ends are installed.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I just watched the Revzilla review and they specifically noted the 'soft' feel of the brake and how a good set of SS lines would be a good idea. While the brake feel is light for me I think the braking itself is great especially with ABS backing you up. Would SS lines increase the braking performance by a bit or just the feedback on the lever?

I've added SS lines to some older cars I was working on but that was partly due to 20 year old lines.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now I will be specifically testing the stopping power of the brakes the next time out. LOL
Sorry for the thread drift but has anyone seen the Tourtech video of the AT rally race bike?
It is missing one front rotor and caliper with a new hub. Would love to see the info on that changeover.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I been messaging with some online companies
Spiegler Has 10+ bikes that are in queue for R&D before the AT
Galfer: Will R&D in 3 weeks time
Hel: Waiting on a response

I don't feel like the AT has bad brakes but I do like the feel of SS lines.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Honda set up the brakes the way they are because most owners will ride dirt and gravel roads from time to time and also because of the long suspension travel. You don't want one finger "hit a brick wall" on a dual purpose bike.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I happy with the front brake but would like a little more bite on the rear. That said, the rear brake takes the place of the clutch friction zone for slow control (along with the throttle) so maybe it should be the way it is.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just watched the Revzilla review and they specifically noted the 'soft' feel of the brake and how a good set of SS lines would be a good idea. While the brake feel is light for me I think the braking itself is great especially with ABS backing you up. Would SS lines increase the braking performance by a bit or just the feedback on the lever?

I've added SS lines to some older cars I was working on but that was partly due to 20 year old lines.
I never felt the AT brakes to be soft or wooden but given they were demoing the bikes in Moab and probably ridden on the rougher end of the scale in heat, I guess they might feel soft. I'm good with the brakes, later on when SS brake lines are readily available I might give them a go but for now I'm just going to ride the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts