Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boys at Cymarc Bike Parts (UK) have had my bike for a few days now and are making great progress with the development of new parts for the Africa Twin. This picture shows the latest revision of the headlight protector which gives a great idea on the design quality and effort being made. The front guard is designed to be removable to allow easy access to clean the headlights too. The parts below are made from mild steel but a final stainless steel version will be cut tomorrow so hopefully i will be able to share updated pictures then. I will try to keep you all updated but feel free to look up the Cymarc Facebook page for progress too.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
The stuff Marc makes are superb. Really well designed and made using top quality materials on state of the art machines. I aren't a 'mate', never having met him so am not bigging him up for the sake of it.
On another forum he showed a preliminary design of a stainless secure box in place of rear seat on a GSA, many members of the forum chipped in with ideas and he made several alterations within days to the design. Big firms cannot or do not do that. Hope he makes some good useful bits and does well out of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Dave.... I've now met Marc twice would you believe and he has my bike in his factory measuring up and doing what he does best. He's a really nice bloke and prides himself on the quality of his work. He also loves his bikes which is his real passion for doing this sort of work.

The headlight guard is now complete and available direct from his website here http://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/honda-crf1000-africa-twin-headlight-guard-305-p.asp If the link dont work then look up Cymarc bike parts.

Powder coated satin black aluminum are coming in at £80.00+VAT and the hand brushed stainless steel are £90.00+VAT

Cant wait to see my bike up close with this fitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cymarc Brake Reservoir Protector

This product was designed to give the plastic rear brake reservoir some protection from accidental breakage whilst offroad. Not only is it practical and lightweight it also incorporates some very fine laser profiling detail, enhancing it`s visual impact. It simply uses the existing fixing point and fastener and is fitted in minutes. It`s made from stainless steel and hand finished by the team!

These are selling at around £40 when you add the VAT from the Cymarc Bike Parts Website or following THIS link

I have to say I love this item.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts