Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi All, i saw this D908 Dunlop in Victor Harbour on the weekend and was wondering if anyone on here has tried one and what you thought of it? im not due for a New tyre but am already planning my next tyre i have the Tractionator Desert in 140/80-18 at the moment and its a great tyre offroad but not substantially better than the Adventure but its much noisier on road and even on the good Limestone roads we have here in the mallee. I was leaning towards the Motoz Adventure again for the rear and maybe a D606 front or even try the adventure MK2 but i saw this 908 and it looked awesome thought id ask what people thought of it. if anyone has used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran a bunch of 908's on my KTM 950 and never got more than about 3000 miles on them before they were toast. I did ride with a VERY heavy throttle hand though. I would imagine riding sensibly could get a guy 4k out of them, but what fun would that be. Had a tractionator adv on when I got rid of the maintenance hog so I don't know what kind of mileage I could have gotten out of it. It will be my next on the AT. I just put a Michelin Anakee Wild on the front and am pretty happy with it so far ( only about 1000 miles) .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran a bunch of 908's on my KTM 950 and never got more than about 3000 miles on them before they were toast. I did ride with a VERY heavy throttle hand though. I would imagine riding sensibly could get a guy 4k out of them, but what fun would that be. Had a tractionator adv on when I got rid of the maintenance hog so I don't know what kind of mileage I could have gotten out of it. It will be my next on the AT. I just put a Michelin Anakee Wild on the front and am pretty happy with it so far ( only about 1000 miles) .

i got 5500km (3400mi) out of the tractionator ADV on the AT with 0 use of TC. and a heavy right hand. so perhaps the 908 wouldve been similar I only got 2500km (1500mi) out of the Motoz Desert. just fitted a set of Shinko E-804/5s so I will see how they perform.

Reactions: VicAT

·
Registered
178 Posts
i got 5500km (3400mi) out of the tractionator ADV on the AT with 0 use of TC. and a heavy right hand. so perhaps the 908 wouldve been similar I only got 2500km (1500mi) out of the Motoz Desert. just fitted a set of Shinko E-804/5s so I will see how they perform.

I just toasted my last 804. I got about 4,000 miles out of it, but I ran it BALD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts