Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

anyone seen or know of dashboard upgrade kits available for a 2019 ATAS Manual - would love to upgrade to the new 1100 dash;)

JB

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
wow - I think that's an ambitious upgrade Big Bear. I suspect that all the physical stuff around the display (mounts, screen, fairing etc) is different, then there's probably a completely different wiring harness going in to the back of the instrument unit.
I will watch this with interest though as if it's possible I would do it too.
Mike

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
496 Posts
Yikes, that would be a tall order Big Bear. There are a ton of changes between these two models which will have you digging into a lot of the subsystems, sensors and wiring to get right. Cuch's comment is right on the money. More cost effective to trade for a newer model.

·
Registered
303 Posts
would be easy ( and cheaper) buy a new one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use a Zumo XT, it allows me to control my music, make/receive calls, has an excellent screen which is clear in all conditions, works very well with any gloves and is also an excellent navigation device.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It's not so much the extra things like nav and music (my iphone functions well enough for that). It's the awkward angle that Honda have mounted the older instrument display. I know why they changed it from the 2016 model - it was because offroaders couldn't see it when they were standing up. The problem with it on the later bikes (before the TFT models) is that most of the time there are bad reflections when sitting in the seat. If the sun is behind you the display becomes unreadable.
Mike

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
496 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use a Zumo XT, it allows me to control my music, make/receive calls, has an excellent screen which is clear in all conditions, works very well with any gloves and is also an excellent navigation device.
I like that idea thanks - will look into(y) that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts