Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing the AT manual and noticed (on p. 22) a photo label identifying a "Data link connector" under the seat. I saw this connector when I installed a Backoff unit on Saturday and wondered what it was for. Does anyone know what data can be collected from this port, and what format it is in?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm guessing this is where the dealers can take information from the bike and see what all the bikes systems are doing,they will also be able to access error codes stored in the bikes ECU.
Normally with these access ports they can supply massive amounts of information,and they can also be used to give the bike software updates.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, so that would probably mean an ECU connection. I wonder if there is a way to get OBDII-like data from that port. The Garmin we have in our RV has a Bluetooth connection to an ODBII dongle that allows me to see engine RPM, load, etc. which might be interesting if displayed on my BMW Motorrad Navigator. I assume that the software isn't there to effect that, however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts