Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This morning I went to start my DCT 2017 and wouldn't start. On the display it shows that the bike is on gear 1. When I press the start button nothing happens. Any help please?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Take it out of gear or put up the kickstand? I don't know if you can do that with the DCT, but it is the first thing I think of.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi. This morning I went to start my DCT 2017 and wouldn't start. On the display it shows that the bike is on gear 1. When I press the start button nothing happens. Any help please?
Rock it backwards and forwards with the ignition on, this can happen if you hit the kill switch if not selecting neutral first.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
i had same issue and found this on here

I had similar start issues and read somewhere a procedure like this one. It was slightly different but issue has not returned.

Turn key on, wait for CRF symbol and the bike to prime, then twist and hold the throttle open. Close the throttle off and then hit the start button. Fires up every time now.

Thanks for your info. I'll give it a try too. With my procedure I do it each time the engine is cold.

seems to have worked for me

·
Registered
223 Posts
Rock it backwards and forwards with the ignition on, this can happen if you hit the kill switch if not selecting neutral first.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ive had it happen as well from shutting down in gear, spinning the back wheel has always worked for me

·
Registered
437 Posts
So, effectively what happens is if you hit the kill switch, it defeats the 'proper' shutdown sequence the DCT goes through under normal circumstances, when you come to a full stop and turn off the ignition. This makes perfect sense to me. And is very handy to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts