Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to utilise the manual shifting paddles or left foot gear lever on the DCT models, do you have to be in a specific manual mode which would have been selected previously OR when you're in "automatic" mode, is there the capability to use the manual shifting paddles/left foot gear lever which actions over ride the "automatic" function and change gears accordingly?

·
Registered
269 Posts
My understanding - not having ridden one - is that if you put it into manual mode, you have full control over upshifts and partial control over downshifts. By this I mean, you can downshift manually but the bike will also downshift for you in order to prevent stalling.

In automatic mode, you can use the paddles to shift manually and it will hold the gear you shift into for a little while before returning to automatic shifting. So for example, if in automatic mode the bike has decided that 6th gear is appropriate for the speed but you want to overtake, you can use the paddles to shift down to 5th and it'll hold that gear for a little while for you, but eventually will kick you back up into 6th again.

As I say though, this is just my understanding from what I've read/seen... not ridden one yet myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Autobiker is correct (I've ridden one and owned a couple of DCT bikes). Additionally, overriding the gear selection 'teaches' the ECU to better mirror your shifting patterns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts