Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was a dealer demo ride out. They had several rival manufacturers bikes to test against
Most excellent, Honda needs exactly that. The guys on ADV are clamouring for it to be compared to everything and anything. So the fact that consumers are able to make these evaluations before journalists taint things can only be a good thing :D

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sorry, Maybe I wasn't totally clear in my post.

It was a demo ride for dealers/salesmen from Honda franchises shown in that video hosted by Honda UK H/Q to let the salesmen get familiar with the new bike. They brought along the rival competitors bikes so they could see how the AT compares. FWIW, my salesman says that, in his opinion, the nearest competitor is the F800GS after riding all the bikes that were there.

·
Registered
460 Posts
FWIW, my salesman says that, in his opinion, the nearest competitor is the F800GS after riding all the bikes that were there.
That's actually quite encouraging to hear - I test rode an 800 GSA and really liked it - very chuckable. The only problem was the vibrations - couldn't see myself doing any real distance on it. So I started looking at the 1200GS which is...different but àlso really chuckable surprisingly (for me).

If the @ is torquier, smoother and just as nice to throw around as the 800 then all my worries may go away... Can't wait for the test ride!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Same was here in November. Other bikes were GS, 1190A, S10, 1050A, old AT.
There was a video about it. Latvian guys filmed it and they were told not to upload, but they did it anyways.
Test riders loved AT and said that 1050 felt closest. 1190 was crap in their opinion. Funny, I felt the same when I rode 1050 and 1190. 1190AR was way better than standard 1190...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts