Hey Doug,And if you really want a cruise control get one from MCCruise in Australia and install it. It is the real deal, not just a throttle lock and takes about three-four hours to install. I love mine.
This is the first I've heard of the "DCT Reset" thing. May I ask, what is it, what is it for, and how does one do it?1) No
2) It never stalls
3) No, it sits on idle in first gear. There is absolutely no need to put the bike into N while on the street. If it does crawl then you will need to do a DCT reset which takes about one minute and is definitely something every owner should be able to do. There are lots of advice texts out there on how to do this. Ask me if you want me to download the one I use.
4) I don't know where you read that but that is not an issue. The bike should not crawl at all and you can always control motion with the brake. If it is crawling do the DCT reset.
5) I am pretty liberal with the gasoline and I try to squeeze as much in as possible.
You are going to love this bike. Hands down.
Yes. If you prefer it written vs video format, @james.mc posted it in this thread including an attached text file.Has anyone tried the reset just like the video? Or anyone asked a Honda dealer to do this reset?
Thanks for that. Yeah, I'm seriously considering that cruise. It's a bit on the expensive side but, i look at it this way. I saved around $7K by NOT BUYING A 2020 model which, has factory cruise. So, saving that much, I think I can justify that kind of coin for a REAL cruise control. I might even spring for the STS turn signal canceling system but, still thinking on that one. Some folks have had issues with those. Thanks again.
Your front tire looks like those dire Dunlop Trailmax's (not the Missions) that Honda use to peddle before the 2020 model.Sir,
Just wondering, you say it "Just arrived", correct? A question or two for you. I have the identical bike, an '18 AT/AS/DCT. I have owned it since 4/8/20.
1. I see different tires than what came on mine, did it come that way, if not, did you change them or, did the dealership change them or, does AT's that are sent to different parts of the world, have different tires on them?
2. I see a top box. Again, if it just arrived, did it come that way or, did you install it?
P.S. By the way, this is my stock front tire:
Why? I do this 50% of the time with all my bikes. I have seen this elsewhere in the Forum. I am not understanding this....
When you stop with the engine on there is no need for that but when you stop to park 100% make sure you always put in neutral before you turn the engine off (don't turn it off using the emergency stop switch either!)