Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used a cramp buster on my KLR when on asphalt but find I don’t need it with the TBW on my ATAS. It doesn’t take much pressure to hold the throttle position.

·
Administrator
1,986 Posts
:eek: (like, littering?)
Yes, kinda like that. Except maybe it had some value to someone? Not one of my finer moments, but I was po'ed and frustrated with it all weekend and finally got tired of it being constantly in the way. That was back in ... hmm.. 2012?

If I was going to look at one again, it would probably be the Kaoko.

·
Super Moderator
4,135 Posts
Yes, kinda like that. Except maybe it had some value to someone? Not one of my finer moments, but I was po'ed and frustrated with it all weekend and finally got tired of it being constantly in the way. That was back in ... hmm.. 2012?

If I was going to look at one again, it would probably be the Kaoko.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've got a throttle rocker. It's in my CBR's tank bag. I used it once. Been so long I'm not sure why I've only used it once.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
Hello to all of you.
Some of my own doubts have been answered with my daily rides.
Still very happy with my choice and still learning each day.

I want to present you my new Youtube channel MadeiraOnWheels. I have uploaded two videos "Passeio Com Amigos" or Ride With Friends. I will share more videos of my future rides with my ATAS 2018 DCT on the beautiful Madeira island. Hope you enjoy, suscribe and share.

·
Super Moderator
4,135 Posts
Almost felt like I was there. I enjoy other people's countries. It is nice to go along for the ride with a coffee in hand.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have had a few occasions on DCT bikes where I had an unintended acceleration, one even dumped me in a parking lot. I think I solved it with a DCT reset which may have helped to reestablish a little throttle margin where you can twist the throttle a little before the actual throttle reacts.
Mine has almost zero “slack” in the throttle. I suspect this accounts for the supposed bike-accelerating-on-it’s-own I’ve read about. If I think about twisting the throttle it goes... I’ve wondered if it’s adjustable like the typical cable type throttle but haven’t looked into it yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Almost felt like I was there. I enjoy other people's countries. It is nice to go along for the ride with a coffee in hand.
Thanks. I have no experience on making videos. I recently bought a camera and I still have a lot to learn. That's why I really appreciate the support. I hope you subscribe and share.

·
Super Moderator
4,135 Posts
Thanks. I have no experience on making videos. I recently bought a camera and I still have a lot to learn. That's why I really appreciate the support. I hope you subscribe and share.
The slow, steep descent (and wonderful view) through the neighbourhood sections was fun.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts