Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....Newbie here. I've noticed a coupla times that my bike is either hesitant to upshift or doesn't at ALL......Like from 1-2 or 2-3 especially......It's only happened a few times but as I twist the throttle the RPM's spike and........nada. I had to stop the bike once and put in N and then back in D......Second time I had to slow down to 1 and then rev her back up again......Hopefully both flukes but it has me seriously concerned. Bike only has 398 miles on it. I saw a video on YouTube about a smiliar issue. My main concern is duplicating it for a tech at the dealership in order to get warranty work done if needed. Any similair reports? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Billy, try disconnecting your battery to reset the ECU and see if that helps. If not the dealer can do a factory reset which also resets the DCT.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ive noticed it getting hung up a couple times under hard acceleration and then let off throttle. But now, im so used to just flicking the shifter to "help" upshift if i don't like the shift point. Not a problem for me....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yah.. when mine was new it loved 2nd gear. It would hang onto it into the rev limiter.

Now it's fine, and I love it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
FFS - I'm currently sat 35 miles from home and can't get the ******* thing to move. Left it on a driveway for 90mins. Starts, shows neutral but the right hand rocker switch is doing fook all

Turn it off, back on again, kill switch in both positions - push it around a bit - toggled the Auto / Manual button

Not again!

PS: I did run out of fuel earlier doing a max mileage test (DO NOT believe the computer - it went from 13 miles left to a blinking dash and then within 10secs was spluttering!) Treated her to 19.2 litres of 97 octane super unleaded and then rode 10 miles to where I am now

Can't even bring myself to deal with the ineptitude of Honda Assist again. Any ideas gang?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cheers P twin - nope - sat down and had a vape and that though came to me, all looks OK. Can't generate any noise / clicking from the transmission at all. Weird - I've had one DCT that went mental, and now my second doesn't want to let me ride it :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
She's OK! Sat on her now with Drive engaged - very strange. Panic over - just suddenly clunked in. God knows what that was about - it's pitch black here, but I have forward drive so am outta here. Cheers

·
Registered
229 Posts
The only other thing I experienced on one of NC'S I had was on one occasion I had to rock the bike backwards as though it hadn't gone back to neutral properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts