Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm riding 2016 dct. My problem is that I do not write N on the screen after running motorcycle and D - S modes are not working. There is also a foot shifter. problem is dct or switch? Please help. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm riding 2016 dct. My problem is that I do not write N on the screen after running motorcycle and D - S modes are not working. There is also a foot shifter. problem is dct or switch? Please help. Thank you.
Hi
did you solve the problem? How you did in case? thank you
sergio

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,128 Posts
Sounds like it is stuck in gear.
If it is it will display “_ _”
Also you will hear the DCT clicking when you first turn the key on and it will not start.
IF all this is happening, then when you first turn the bike on roll it back and forth on its tires just a little bit. Depending on what gear it was stuck in you may have to do it a couple of times. Eventually you should get the “N” light back on. If that was the problem and it did fix it you will end up with the “trouble light” ( check engine light ) on, this will eventually go off in a day or so if you have no other issues.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,128 Posts
Haven't experienced that yet, but good to know AT-D.
Got mine stuck in gear.
It’s just like on a manual and you shut the bike off in 3rd ( or better) and then try and shift into neutral, sometimes you gotta rock the bike back and forth a bit to get the gears to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI
I HAVE AN AFRICA TWIN 2020 DCT
WHEN I RIDE AT BASIC SPEED IN THE CITY IT HAPPENS THAT 20 MINUTE AFTER MY START IN FALLS TO THE NEUTRALS, I MUST STOP COMPLETELY TO ENGAGE, IT SENDS FIRST SAFTY UNTIL DEALER, I DO NOT FIND THE TROUBLE, DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA? ?

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
HI
I HAVE AN AFRICA TWIN 2020 DCT
WHEN I RIDE AT BASIC SPEED IN THE CITY IT HAPPENS THAT 20 MINUTE AFTER MY START IN FALLS TO THE NEUTRALS, I MUST STOP COMPLETELY TO ENGAGE, IT SENDS FIRST SAFTY UNTIL DEALER, I DO NOT FIND THE TROUBLE, DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA? ?
Welcome to the Forum @PITER. Sounds like your 2020 AT might be covered under warranty. Have you taken it to your local Honda Power Sports service center?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts