Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to do the reset on a 2018?
I tried, and couldn't get anything to happen after fully warming up the bike and following the procedure.
TIA

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yes I had the same problem, but nothing is different until you have done the DDNDN sequence. If you have done it at the right speed you do get the D and S symbols at the same time in the display.
Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't get the MIL light to come on after holding the D switch for 45 seconds.
While holding down the D button I turn on the key....dash lights come on, then some go out 1 second later …...but nothing happens after.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I couldn't get the MIL light to come on after holding the D switch for 45 seconds.
While holding down the D button I turn on the key....dash lights come on, then some go out 1 second later …...but nothing happens after.
On the NC bikes I am sure that when you start the bike with the D key held down the engine light stayed on after most of the other lights went out. And stayed on for quite a few seconds then when it went out you could release the D-key.
That is not the procedure on the Africa Twin. The engine light goes out just as quickly as it normally would in a normal ignition start up, even if you have your finger on the D-key. But carry on anyway. After you do the DDNDN at the right pace, things start happening.
I don't know why Honda don't alter the instructions. Instead of saying hold the D-button down until the engine light goes off, why not simply say 'Hold the D-key down for 5 seconds'
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts