Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did the DDNDN reset procedure this afternoon and took the bike out for a ride in traffic - it certainly seems better than it did on Sunday in heavy traffic in Dublin where it felt pretty meh.
I think the problem is that after about 1500 or 2000 miles for some reason the gearbox gets confused about when it should be dropping down from 3rd to 2nd to 1st and hangs on to the higher gear for a bit too long, putting the drive into that lumpy area where we all know that Honda have had to lean it off for Euro emissions. The reset SEEMS to correct this but it may be my imagination. The correction effect was more noticeable on the NC750 DCT but it may be being masked on the Africa Twin by the fact the bigger engine is jerkier at low throttle openings. (Might have to have a go at richening up that rev range)
Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for adding feedback Mike. Good to know results when things like this are performed.
There must be a little bedding in of the clutches after a couple of thousand KM's, so a DCT reset, where it relearns where the clutch faces are, can't be a bad thing. My guess is there might not be too many more resets down the line as the bike settles in for it long and, hopefully, reliable life.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How is your German?

Killschalter auf "RUN" stellen D drücken+halten (N-D-Schalter) + Zündung ein -> MIL geht an ! Wenn MIL aus gegangen ist, D loslassen ->"D" und "S" geht a, oder Ganganzeige leer ! D 1x D 1x N 1x D 1x N 1x Motor starten und laufen lassen bis "-", D und S ausgehen. Motor aus und später wieder an. Wenn was blinkt oder die "D" und "S" Anzeige anbleibt, hats nicht funktioniert.

·
Registered
97 Posts
reposted from james.mc's post

DCT RESET

• Start the engine.
  • Select N
  • Stop the engine.
  • While pressing D, switch the ignition on, wait until the yellow ‘engine' symbol goes out on the dash, then release D
  • Press in fast sequence: DDNDN
  • On the dash, the letters D and S should appear together
  • Restart engine, allow it to idle.
  • After a few seconds, the letters D and S should go out.
Job done!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm in the process of doing this right now
Started with a L then it went to N
Now it's blinking where the gear is supposed to show

I still have the SD after 15 minutes
And I need to leave

I thought is was a few seconds?

I'll have to come back and try again

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got home to try again....

When I started the bike the SD was still on
Restarted the sequence again and it cleared up really fast... haven't had the chance to test it
Will try tomorrow and post the results....

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes the engine has to be up to temperature. I let it run until the fan comes on then start the procedure. After that it takes just a couple of minutes
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts