Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't the correct forum for this posting but couldn't think where else to place it.
I just noticed this listing number 302821219874 on eBay UK.
It's described as "Gear Lever Honda CRF 1000 LD Africa Twin ABS DCT 2016" which I can only think means the shift kit. If it is the kit then it seems like a bargain. Seller is a business and has 10 available at less than £100 each; seller accepts returns so may be worth a punt?
I thought someone may be interested

·
Registered
CRF1100L DCT
295 Posts
I know this isn't the correct forum for this posting but couldn't think where else to place it.
I just noticed this listing number 302821219874 on eBay UK.
It's described as "Gear Lever Honda CRF 1000 LD Africa Twin ABS DCT 2016" which I can only think means the shift kit. If it is the kit then it seems like a bargain. Seller is a business and has 10 available at less than £100 each; seller accepts returns so may be worth a punt?
I thought someone may be interested
Thanks for the link, I've ordered one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm skeptical, It does say for DCT in the title but i cant find a mention of it in the description.

In the compatibility chart it says compatible with model L.
-from the page- This item fits 1 version(s) of the Honda CRF 1000 L 2016 Africa Twin:

When I select 2016 model CRF 1000 with submodel LD, it is NOT compatible.
-from the page- This item doesn't fit Honda CRF 1000 LD 2016 Africa Twin DCT Track.

I don't know what the word track at the end of the model description means either. I'll be contacting seller on Monday to clarify.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I might be wrong.. But this might not be exactly what you are expecting.

I've just looked at Fowlers parts fiche and you buy the gear shift (ready to fit) in two parts. The lever and kick plate at £115 plus the fitting kit. Which has ten pieces and costs £375.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/5834778/crf1000-dct-africa-twin/kitdct-pedal-shi

I would definitely check with the seller before paying. assuming you want the full kit ready to put in your bike.

It might even be nothing more than a standard pedal for a manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now think the part is being misdescribed. I have just received a message from the seller to say the part number is 24705MJPG50. This seems to be an Africa Twin gear change pedal for the manual model. Oh well...

·
Registered
CRF1100L DCT
295 Posts
Just spoke with the seller; this is the part they're selling https://www.brooksbarn.com/en/search/7100643/in/all/article/820823
I mentioned that other forum users have placed orders; they said to contact them on 01239 831170 to reverse the transaction and get full refund. They're updating the item description to end the confusion
Only when I got the order email it had the part number as reference.

I've had plenty of stuff from them before, always good service.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts