Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New to the forum. I have a 2016 AT DCT and it’s stuck in 1st gear. Starts, clicks into D or S but it won’t shift by itself or by trying to toggle manually. I can switch it to M and it doesn’t make any difference. The torque control light and ABS light are on and don’t go off ove the 6 mph. Any suggestions?

TR

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sorry I forgot to say that. I changed the rear tire. What did I do wrong! ??*♂

·
Registered
442 Posts
Have you checked the ABS sensor? It looks like the bike does not read it, i.e. the bike "thinks" it is stopped, hence you can't insert gears.
Try cleaning the sensor area and check its connection.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow I hope I don't encounter this on a simple tire change. Is this a common thing on the DCTs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I will pull the rear wheel off again and clean the speed sensor and the pulser ring. I found a shop manual on line last night and it talked about being in first gear if the speed sensor went out and such. This was a simple tire change (well not really as I had to wrestle the beast) in the garage. I wanted to see if I could do it out on the trail. ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it!!!! Thanks all of you for pointing me in the right direction. I put the flanged wheel spacer on the right side, which caused too much gap between the speed sensor and the pulsar disc, where it is suppose to be on the left side. Runs like a charm again. Totally my fault. Thanks for helping me out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Changing the tire, repairing a puncher and refitting the wheel when by myself.
I carry a short ratchet strap that I put between the spokes and rim and over the seat (holds the wheel in the correct position) so I can adjust the height of the wheel while I'm refitting the axle and spacers etc.
Tried doing it by placing packers (rocks & sticks) between the tie and ground but that was to difficult.

·
Registered
442 Posts
... This was a simple tire change (well not really as I had to wrestle the beast) in the garage. I wanted to see if I could do it out on the trail. ??
I got it!!!! Thanks all of you for pointing me in the right direction. I put the flanged wheel spacer on the right side, which caused too much gap between the speed sensor and the pulsar disc, where it is suppose to be on the left side. Runs like a charm again. Totally my fault. Thanks for helping me out.
Nice. Then your garage test proved to be a good idea! :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts