Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the twin out for a quick blast only to find that it will not shift out of first, check engine light comes on, then the bike shuts off. I have not recently removed the wheel. I have attached a few pics of the display and the codes. If anyone has any idea of where I should start I would appreciate the help, otherwise I will start changing parts! The speed sensor is probably where I will start. If anyone is interested, this is the scanner I used, super simple and interfaces with the Honda no problem! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L4926C1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your first post and a pain it is. Welcome to the Forum @Friggins1.

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

If I am interpreting you correctly, you have not done anything to deserve this. It is also a pre-2018 model?

The DCT electro-mechanics requires a strong, healthy battery that is firmly connected. How old is the battery?

This is a 2017 DCT and the battery has got to be at least 3 years old. I will start by testing this tomorrow and possibly getting a replacement for good measure. Thanks for your response.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welp, I changed the battery out, reset the engine code, and did a DCT reset. No Bueno. The traction control light and abs light remain on and the bike will not shift out of first. The check engine light is no linger lit, so that is step in the right direction I guess. I checked all the sensors and rings, no issues. I may have to take this to the dealership. I will do more research but I'm not confident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts