Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Do you need to use the back brake when taking off?

• Mostly

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Never

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 9 21.4%
41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hmmm - That's not how I interpreted the info I read about the changes to smoothing out slow/initial manoeuvres on the 22, but interesting how you experienced the same surging issue in the new bike. I suppose on that basis it is going to be a topic of discussion for a while......as more units get sold and real world testing begins?
Yes Lupolee I had high expectations of the 2022 demonstrator and was hugely disappointed. As you will see from another thread I have just started I have been obsessing about this surging/hesitation for many years and assumed that Honda had recognised it and solved it. Bear in mind that's all I was interested in so I didn't pay much attention to the smoother gearchanges other than to notice them. TBH I think that the technical team were trying to address only the smoother gearchange (because that alone would help slow speed maneovering) , and as usual the marketing department wrote some BS.
Mike

41 - 41 of 41 Posts