Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
17’ with DCT. Jumped on and took off up the road. Stayed in first gear, check engine light came on. It will start and go back to neutral but doesn’t shift. Anybody got any thoughts on this? 15k on the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just read the same post further down the line. I did just change the front tire in my garage. If I reversed the front rim would this happen ? Speedo sensor issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s what it was. I took the rim back off and reversed the tire (ugh) and reinstalled the right way and it’s fine. Check engine light didn’t go out tho. Sorry about the double post and thanks for the response.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That’s what it was. I took the rim back off and reversed the tire (ugh) and reinstalled the right way and it’s fine. Check engine light didn’t go out tho. Sorry about the double post and thanks for the response.
Give it a few K's & the light will go out, glad it was an easy fix

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I changed the tire on the floor of my garage with only the tools I carry on the bike. Good practice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts