Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I rode my bike (2 months ago) it was fine. Then I changed the rear tire and loaded it into my toy hauler. After traveling across the country I ride it an it won't shift out of 1st gear. I have verified the rear wheel spacers are correct. Everything looks correct on the rear wheel. Other than charging the battery, nothing else has been touched on the bike. The bike is a 2016 and has 8900 miles on it. I have disconnected the battery and I have reset the DCT and that did not correct it.

I am 3 hours away from the nearest dealer for the next two weeks. I am not sure I am doing this correctly but it appears to be showing error code 37. There is only one error code in series 37 and that is 37-1, Ignition Hold Relay Malfunction. The causes could be a blown fuse, open circuit, or a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) failure. I don't have a blown fuse. I have not checked the PCM connectors but I doubt I have a failure or a broken wire from transporting it across the country.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
130 Posts
+1
I've read this before. No shifting after a tire change. If I remember correctly the wheel spacers had been swapped left to right. After putting the spacers back on the correct sides all was right again.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Last time I rode my bike (2 months ago) it was fine. Then I changed the rear tire and loaded it into my toy hauler. After traveling across the country I ride it an it won't shift out of 1st gear. I have verified the rear wheel spacers are correct. Everything looks correct on the rear wheel. Other than charging the battery, nothing else has been touched on the bike. The bike is a 2016 and has 8900 miles on it. I have disconnected the battery and I have reset the DCT and that did not correct it.

I am 3 hours away from the nearest dealer for the next two weeks. I am not sure I am doing this correctly but it appears to be showing error code 37. There is only one error code in series 37 and that is 37-1, Ignition Hold Relay Malfunction. The causes could be a blown fuse, open circuit, or a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) failure. I don't have a blown fuse. I have not checked the PCM connectors but I doubt I have a failure or a broken wire from transporting it across the country.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Don't know about the error code but last time I experienced that symptom
I had the front wheel reversed ie. the front ABS ring was not at the speed sensor.
Easy fix.

Reactions: gvmumbral

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front tire has not been reversed. And the rear wheel spacers are correct. It could be the rear wheel sensor. When I figure out what the problem is I will post it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts