Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a decat front pipe for the bike and after asking supplier if the EML light would stay on they said no, has anyone done this conversion and if so what was the result.Also thinking about a Power Comander kit but can you put DCT on rolling road safely.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have a Delkevich pipe and do not have an;y issues.
If you're saying the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) comes on;
it may be an issue with the O2 sensor.
GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING
Intermittent Failure
The term "intermittent failure" means a system may have had a failure, but it checks OK now. If the MIL does not come on, check
for poor contact or loose pins at all connectors related to the circuit that of the troubleshooting. If the MIL was on, but then went out,
the original problem may be intermittent.
Opens and Shorts
"Opens" and "Shorts" are common electrical terms. An open is a break in a wire or at a connection. A short is an accidental
connection of a wire to ground or to another wire. In simple electronics, this usually means something will not work at all. With ECM/
PCM this can something mean something work, but not the way it’s supposed to.
If the MIL has come on
Refer to DTC READOUT (page 4-6).
If the MIL did not stay on
If the MIL did not stay on, but there is a driveability problem, do the SYMPTOM TROUBLESHOOTING (page 4-8).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just bought a decat front pipe for the bike and after asking supplier if the EML light would stay on they said no, has anyone done this conversion and if so what was the result.Also thinking about a Power Comander kit but can you put DCT on rolling road safely.
I have a Black Widow decat pipe and a Power Commander with stock muffler on a 2016 AT. I dont think a DCT wants to go out of 1st gear if the front wheel is not spinning so a Dyno is an issue.
I am not sure how many maps they have for the PCV, mine has been on the Dyno with that config happy to share the file if you want.
No issues with warning lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts