Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam thinking of fitting a Decat system to my DCT but need to know what difference it will make, also have taken out extra years warranty and service contract. WE dont do off road but need smooth fueling in cities.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Iam thinking of fitting a Decat system to my DCT but need to know what difference it will make, also have taken out extra years warranty and service contract. WE dont do off road but need smooth fueling in cities.
difference from standard, it gets rid of the bulky heat shield that my heel used to hit & makes the bike look much better imop, exhaust is louder & made the engine run slightly leaner but not enough to cause issues, just a slight popping on decel, I had my decat pipe made up by a local exhaust shop

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Do you notice any change otherwise in the way it runs? Was it just to get rid of the heatshield?
The standard pipe was replaced due to being quashed when it was, t-boned by another bike, pretty sure there is no real change in performance, just makes it noisier, all so running a race akrapovic slip-on, It sounds like a big enduro bike now, great off road but can be a bit noisy on the hwy, if your after a big increase in power I wouldn't bother doing it as you could be disappointed after spending up big on a system, the engine needs a lot more work done to it before an exhaust is needed eg, The engine needs higher compression & cams to make a pipe a worthwhile investment, but if your just after a cool sounding & better looking bike go for it, the extra clearance for your boot is nice if you have big feet, but depending on footwear worn I can feel the extra heat off the decat pipe, its not bad but noticeable with my road boots, can't feel it with my motocross boots

1 - 5 of 5 Posts