Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having installed Denali 2.0 D4 lights together with the data Dim controller which manages the two light patterns with the high and low beam of the bike. However, the LED head light on the bike has insufficient power for the data dim unit to activate and manage between light patterns.
Although i have contacted Denali, any thoughts as to how this might be overcome would be welcome.

Many thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm no expert but having just fitted the 2.0 D2's myself, I looked at the possible addition of the datadim circuit, but read about the possible issues you have encountered.
Have you wired the white switched live to the +ve of the dip beam and the blue trigger wire to +ve of the main beam ?

This configuration is, I believe, what causes the issue as the 12v switched feed from the low beam +ve circuit is not constant and clean. They advise using a different 12v switch feed for the white wire, the switched +ve feed from the aux socket behind the headlight unit can be used. I have wired my white switched feed to this socket in anticipation of adding the Datadim at a later time.
Hope this makes sense and helps. Here's a link to what i have just posted from their website https://d1l4i7f87txqmq.cloudfront.net/denali2/pdfs/VWG_Auxiliary Driving Lights_rev00.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts