Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted a Denali power hub 2, the unit comes with 3 60 inch cables, permanent live, switched live and negative earth. You can run upto 6 devices in any combination of live or switched.
So it was off with the side fairings and up with the tank, then off with rear side panels and raised the luggage rack. The +ve and -ve cables were fed down the left side of the bike to the battery box, trimmed for length and the spade end connectors fitted and hooked up to the battery. I managed to get the -ve fitted to the proper battery terminal rather than the feed off cable.

I then reversed the position of the 6 pin aux power plug from the pillion seat area to the rider seat area, it's the white plug, I purchased a male plug and run a feed from the switched live (red and yellow wire) to the power hub.

I then located the power hub to the pillion seat area, fitted a permanent live run off for an optimate or to power a mini compressor.
If you connect a rated fuse between the top row and center, the feed is switched. If you connect a rated fuse between the bottom row and center, the feed is permanently live.

Really happy with the neat install and i'm now ready to start connecting equipment to it. A far better option than trying to get all the spade ends into that cramped battery box.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for the review but that's one poor internal design IMO.

I just fitted 4 accessories to my PC8 and with wire gauges ranging from 14 to 22 there is no way all those wires would fit in that tiny channel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did this install and couldn't be happier with it!

The +ve and -ve cables were fed down the left side of the bike to the battery box, trimmed for length and the spade end connectors fitted and hooked up to the battery. I managed to get the -ve fitted to the proper battery terminal rather than the feed off cable.
I also wired it up this way.

I then reversed the position of the 6 pin aux power plug from the pillion seat area to the rider seat area, it's the white plug, I purchased a male plug and run a feed from the switched live (red and yellow wire) to the power hub.
I used the alarm accessory plug on the other side rider seat area, same color wire. I have heated grips, and tank bag currently hooked up as switched power - future plans to add GPS, heated gear, and radar.

Thanks for the review but that's one poor internal design IMO.

I just fitted 4 accessories to my PC8 and with wire gauges ranging from 14 to 22 there is no way all those wires would fit in that tiny channel.

I imagine you can whittle out a bigger entry hole on the side if you needed to, or make an additional hole on another side. My plan once everything is wired up the way I like is to coat it all with liquid rubber to help insulate everything, since to box isn't water tight to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts