Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put together a day long ride, encompassing Tarmac and gravel roads, from Denver down to Canon City via wellington lake and Goose creek to Shelf and Phantom gravel roads and back up along Gold camp and rampart range.
This is typically easy, but long, although weather can play havoc with the ride if rain washes out some of those roads (and they ARE known for that)
So chime in, or I'll have to do this alone! :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
I will be in Denver week of May 19th if you don't mind waiting...I'd like to try this ride....I'll be camping but plan to tow my motorcycle with me to ride around Denver and Surrounding areas...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Wow rubicon I’m moving from Southern California to Denver area in the next 6 months, I’ll definitely look you up for some great Rocky Mountain adventure

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have nothing planned for the 19th of May at this time, so it's possible to do another ride.
There are a ton of ADV riders here, so I'm sure we can put something together, even if it's with some old KLRistas!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm arriving in the area the 19th so I'm not sure If I'd be ready or early enough to do a ride on that actual Sunday?
During the week I could do a ride but I know that's tough for people actually working...LOL!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I recently moved to Monument and would like to explore. The Covid 19 insanity has put a damper on some fun but hoping all will clear up by them. Keep me in the loop if you don't mind.

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
You aren't too far from my wife and I. We were just up in Monument having some lunch at Limbach Park, before heading back home.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
i am in Rubicon! Either date being discussed works for me.

I‘m in Thornton and we can line up a meeting place when the time comes.

Stay safe everyone!

Bookem

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm interested in joining but my schedule is a little full so please keep me in the loop. If it fits, I'm in. I am new to the forum and live in Golden.

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
I'm interested in joining but my schedule is a little full so please keep me in the loop. If it fits, I'm in. I am new to the forum and live in Golden.
You would have to fire up the flux capacitor in your AT and see if you can go back in time a couple of years. Al's post is from April 2019 :)

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
I am not sure where Al has been lately. The last I saw him is my wife and I crossed paths with him 2 or 3 times between Gunnison Montrose last summer. It was easy to recognize his bike because he had some Nitro Express decals on the side panels :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
I am

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Oh, that’s the old model.. The NEW model has 25% more Flux to capacitate and it’s 10% smaller, you can still use your old decompression and capasatayer vale’s, but you need to flash the new firmware in both of them. Also, they come in new colors too. They still are a bit pricey.,,

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Oh, that’s the old model.. The NEW model has 25% more Flux to capacitate and it’s 10% smaller, you can still use your old decompression and capasatayer vale’s, but you need to flash the new firmware in both of them. Also, they come in new colors too. They still are a bit pricey.,,
I might need to order one of these for the pannier or something :)

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
I might need to order one of these for the pannier or something :)

View attachment 62579
LOL!!!
Thanks Cuch, now you know I’m gonna HAVE TO print a couple of them out... I’ll do a couple of reflective stickers of them.. Bike or truck not sure where I’ll put them..

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts