Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CRF1000L | Gold Wing DCT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an AT yesterday. Gonna be a good bike for exploring. This CRF is replacing my Concours 14 and 690 Enduro R. Hoping this is a good middle ground for me as I really only want to own one bike.

Question: I only received two keys. According the owner's manual there should have been a key tag. :surprise: I asked the dealer, and they were able to send the code to me as this is stored in a computer...somewhere.

Can anyone confirm the code format is a four-digit alphanumeric arrangement, please? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
CRF1000L | Gold Wing DCT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and the tool kit under the seat consisted of a screwdriver and a fuse puller!

Nothing in the tool box that appears to take a hex-head driver to get into. Is all this just bizarre or what?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Key code should begin with a letter, and then three numbers following. Mine was on a white tag attached to the spare key.

Sounds like you got the standard AT "toolkit". ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wished I had not traded my End R

Picked up an AT yesterday. Gonna be a good bike for exploring. This CRF is replacing my Concours 14 and 690 Enduro R. Hoping this is a good middle ground for me as I really only want to own one bike.

Question: I only received two keys. According the owner's manual there should have been a key tag. :surprise: I asked the dealer, and they were able to send the code to me as this is stored in a computer...somewhere.

Can anyone confirm the code format is a four-digit alphanumeric arrangement, please? Thanks in advance.
Hi, I did much the same as you, I traded in a 2015 Enduro R (EU) modified by John Mitchinson to Rally Raid Adv specs, had my manual AT since Mar '16 and am missing the KTM :crying:

M

·
Registered
CRF1000L | Gold Wing DCT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I am not missing my 690 Enduro @williegunn. I bought the bike to ride out west and had no thoughts of keeping it afterwards. Though the 690 did grow on me as I spent more time riding it, I still did not want it long term. Check here to see where we went riding: https://ridermarcblog.wordpress.com/blog/

Now, my Concours is a bit different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts