Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
746 Posts
Not if you are riding , every day , with every weather . E-chain olier are way better than all others . Tutoro is quite an old fashioned middle 80 unit , to

· Administrator
11,171 Posts
Not if you are riding , every day , with every weather . E-chain olier are way better than all others . Tutoro is quite an old fashioned middle 80 unit , to
Not sure what "old fashioned" means, but it works with no user intervention, except to refill every 1500 kms maybe. I don't want to think about chain maintenance and it has filled that need for many years.

That said, I am always reading and learning about recent and maybe cheaper alternatives.

· Registered
746 Posts
Recent yes
Better yes
Cheaper no

· Registered
53 Posts
Right you are. That's the reason I installed a tap to control oiling and "moustaches" are positioned towards O-rings. When winter is over, need to field test it. Based on desktop tests, keeping tap open ca. 5-10sek, it should be enough. Hope to remember turn off the tap in time...
Ahh, so it doesn't run all the time, that makes more sense... and I can definitely see the value on wet roads.. Thanks!!!

· Administrator
11,171 Posts

· Registered
746 Posts
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Bicycle Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport Hood Automotive exterior

· Registered
115 Posts
I like the looks and price but only 15 twist per fill, ugg Keep us informed
Will do. The capacity would be an issue for those who lube their chain after every ride. But lubing every 400+ km means I should be good for the whole season, or at least one oil change.

Have such a one installed on my crash bars. With engine vibrations it basically turns itself all the time. Slowly but surely.
Good to know. Although I've got some teflon plumber's tape that should fix that. Also got vaseline for the other common gripe... leaky reservoir o-ring losing vaccuum.

Haven't even got the dang thing and already I'm modifying it. Good. It's a long winter :)

· Registered
115 Posts
I checked out the product video for the product offering. Wooo, that is a fussy gadget.
Yeah, that is one of the worst promo videos ever. But other youtubers make it look simple when installed on the bike. It's like filling a glass in several small, twist-and-pour actions as opposed to one quick pour. Takes a couple of minutes, but eliminates chain lubing for the next 6,000 to 12,000 km.

That said, I reserve the right to change my mind and fire it across the garage in a fit of rage. Stay tuned, show at 11 :cool:

· Registered
115 Posts
So far so good with the Nemo II chain oiler.

• installation & filling were dirt simple... much easier than the product video makes it look
  • 1/4 twist produced a slow drip of gear oil (in cold temps) for 2 or 3 minutes as promised
  • no residual dripping after 3 days of sitting in the garage

Road test will follow in the spring.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts