Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just set the bike up with the Acerbis multi concept handguards. Drilled out and tapped the Allen socket on the end of the bars holding the end weights on to a 10mm thread and bolted them on. Pretty slick. They seems to fit perfectly with almost no tinkering. Happy Trails in Boise sells a nice adapter kit to help get them fit just right. I used one spacer between the bar mount and metal rail.

Additionally, prior to the handguards, I made some lateral wind deflectors from some 0.22 inch plexiglass. Just cut, heated with a torch and molded. I had done it with the original handguards that stick out sooo far so I may need to make some that are contoured to the new handguards. So far, I believe they do reduce some helmet buffering from the sides, which was bugging me a ton at higher speeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I bought some adjustable clutch and brake levers off eBay recently. said they would fit the crf1000, so I thought **** They come in a set for $30 and I broke my break one, why not?
Shipped from China reasonably fast and they are AMAZING. they flex up and adjust so you can find a perfect placement for your clutch. I am super impressed with how nice they are. Fit with the Acerbis handguards with spacers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts