Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding a Bmw for many years I've seen many guys going to hilltop to have there GSA remapped for extra gains, smother throttle, extra miles per gallon, I've always found the bike to be more than enough for me,
Taking a drop in bike size i found the twin to be more than able to do what I want, I don't feel it necessary to change the bike set up at hilltop or bottom top or anywhere else I think I will enjoy it as.

·
Registered
71 Posts
mine doesn't need anything doing along those lines.

if i'd have kept the 2014 BMW1200GS i might have got it done due to big dip around 4800 rpm, very noticeable.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Only if you change the exhaust. Mine with the full Arrow was running horribly lean. Now, after Hilltop, it's got sharper acceleration, stronger midrange torque and runs smoother.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only if you change the exhaust. Mine with the full Arrow was running horribly lean. Now, after Hilltop, it's got sharper acceleration, stronger midrange torque and runs smoother.
I would say that would have to be the case dave in you make that sort of upgrade, I know the standard exhaust is heavy but I like the note from it, for now I'll stick with it, maybe next year when there is more info about I may do a upgrade myself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know if you just fit the Akra slip-on there is no need to remap, I've just done it. However I am relaibly informed that if you remove the cat, then you will probably have to remap.

M

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is any Honda dealership capable of doing a remap or do you need to find a specialty shop with a specific mapping program?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Dave, do you have results of the remap? new hp and torque figures?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts