Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello friends,

After waiting to see if Honda releases the Transalp/Baby AT at '21 EICMA (which they aggravatingly did not) and more importantly test riding the bike at IMS SoCal. I have come to the decision that I want to be a Sahara Buddy.

Do you have a dealer that you would like to recommend that treated you right or just simply gave you a good deal. I do not believe a dealer should be charging ADM when brand new ATs are just sitting on the dealer floor leaving the new market saturated and the incoming '22 models, but may just be me and out of touch. Maybe I'm just mad because a dealer, for a Tenere700, wanted 3,000ADM bringing OTD price for a T7 at 14,500 but different bike and different story.

Bike I'm looking for:
'21 Africa Twin Base non DCT

Based in SoCal but willing to fly and drive back from Arizona/Nevada. Any other location I need to plan accordingly.

I appreciate any tips or help you can give me. One final thought, what do you think at this time I can get a base '21 AT non DCT OutTheDoor excluding Tax. Stay safe out there friends.

·
Registered
2017 DCT, 2021 Adv Sport ES DCT
404 Posts
I just bought a 2021 AT AS at Western Honda, in Scottsdale, AZ. They were decent to work with and did not pack quite as many nuisance fees in as the other Phoenix area dealers.

They are a small, older dealer, but seem better than many. Probably worth a call.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I second Beowulf's recommendation of Western Honda Power Sports in Scottsdale AZ. I purchased my '18 AT/AS/DCT back in April of 20 and Jayson was great to deal with. No pomp and circumstances, no frills, no "BS", just right down to it and honest working.
Scott

Reactions: Sanis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2021 AT AS at Western Honda, in Scottsdale, AZ. They were decent to work with and did not pack quite as many nuisance fees in as the other Phoenix area dealers.

They are a small, older dealer, but seem better than many. Probably worth a call.
I second Beowulf's recommendation of Western Honda Power Sports in Scottsdale AZ. I purchased my '18 AT/AS/DCT back in April of 20 and Jayson was great to deal with. No pomp and circumstances, no frills, no "BS", just right down to it and honest working.
Scott
Thanks friends. Will definitely give them a ring at Western.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also might consider giving Mussleman Honda in Tucson a call. Their prices are fair, often below MSRP even in these times when other dealers are adding extra charges. Family owned and I believe oldest Honda dealer west of the Mississippi river.

I've had conversations over the phone with Western Honda about potential bike purchases in the past and based on those would have no problem dealing with those guys either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts