Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 AT CRF1100 | 18 NC750X
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the new 22 model CRL1100 (manual, not AS) come with a documentation bag under the front seat?

I am asking because mine came with the tool kit (closer to the battery) and extra tools (passenger seat) but it is missing the documentation bag as detailed in the manual.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
My 2021 AT came with the tools in the tool box (at battery) and the manual was handed to me in the wallet supplied by the dealer with the spare key and other documents.
My 2022 had the tools under the rear seat and there was no manual in the dealer supplied wallet. The dealer was going to order one up but I told him not to bother as I already had a pdf for the 2020/2021 models and I reckoned the would be the same. Seems they are slightly different but likely not much, the only difference I have found so far is the chain adjustment method.

·
Registered
22 AT CRF1100 | 18 NC750X
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to differ from different regions.

My manuals and maintenance book were handed to me, came in a plastic zipper bag with the extra key. Screen protector was already installed.
No document bag thought, so I was not sure it was missing and it simply does not come with it.
Because I don't have any accessories yet, I don't have a place to store the bike documents in the bike, need to carry them with me. Perhaps I am just too used of the extra space the NC has :)

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
Is it a legal requirement for you to carry the documents?

If it is then maybe just a ziplok type plastic bag under the seat would do. If it is not a legal requirement then I would be leaving them safely at home.

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
Is it a legal requirement for you to carry the documents?

If it is then maybe just a ziplok type plastic bag under the seat would do. If it is not a legal requirement then I would be leaving them safely at home.
I keep a copy of paperwork in a ziplock bag under the seat. In 40 years it has not been an issue for provincial or state police. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
I keep a copy of paperwork in a ziplock bag under the seat. In 40 years it has not been an issue for provincial or state police. :cool:
We don't have to carry documentation here and if requested then we have, I think, 7 day to produce it at a local police station.

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
We don't have to carry documentation here and if requested then we have, I think, 7 day to produce it at a local police station.
... I think we have 48 hours, but I rather not bother with the extra trip and line up at the station. It is too easy to maintain a copy under the saddle.

Besides: What happens if you are out of province, out of state, or on another land mass, say like Scotland?

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
... I think we have 48 hours, but I rather not bother with the extra trip and line up at the station. It is too easy to maintain a copy under the saddle.
Copies may not be good enough here, not sure. I usually carry my driving licence in my wallet. Insurance can usually be shown via phone app and MOT and Tax is already on the database so they don't even need to ask for that nowadays.

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
Copies may not be good enough here, not sure. I usually carry my driving licence in my wallet. Insurance can usually be shown via phone app and MOT and Tax is already on the database so they don't even need to ask for that nowadays.
Our plate ownership (original and a copy, if you use one) must be in sync with the registration ID on the physical plate. If not, then you have 48 hours to prove it down at the [whatever] station.

Maybe traditionally, if you cannot prove bike and/or plate ownership, then from their perspective the items are stolen.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
Our plate ownership (original and a copy, if you use one) must be in sync with the registration ID on the physical plate. If not, then you have 48 hours to prove it down at [whatever] station.
Ah yes, I seem to remember, when on holiday in Canada, that the inlaws said their plates were registered to them and went onto their next vehicle, here it is the vehicle that is registered to the plates and the number goes with the vehicle. Well normally anyway, if you have what we call a private plate you can take that off a vehicle before you sell it and register it to your new one. You only have so long to register the plate to a new vehicle or you lose it.

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
Ah yes, I seem to remember, when on holiday in Canada, that the inlaws said their plates were registered to them and went onto their next vehicle, here it is the vehicle that is registered to the plates and the number goes with the vehicle. Well normally anyway, if you have what we call a private plate you can take that off a vehicle before you sell it and register it to your new one. You only have so long to register the plate to a new vehicle or you lose it.
o_O

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
I tried to get a private plate for my new ATAS but it wasn't available because some beggar already had it on a red CRF250. One I wanted was MY22 CRF, I also thought about RD66 CRF but again not available but not sure why as it is not registered by anyone.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,162 Posts
I’ve had one of these for years, it’s not totally waterproof. But I just put the needed paperwork inside a ziplock baggy. I did mount it with the key at the top and painted it flat black. In all the years I’ve owned it, I have yet to hear anyone asking me what it is…
Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Electric blue

Reactions: Hood

·
Registered
819 Posts

Besides: What happens if you are out of province, out of state, or on another land mass, say like Scotland?
I believe Ontario requires documentation be provided at request time with original or copy. 48 hours is officer’s discretion. If the person pulling you over is in a bad mood or on a power trip, good luck. Another good reason to be polite.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
4,162 Posts
I’ve also found that if they can’t catch you, paperwork is irrelevant…

1 - 20 of 26 Posts