• Undecided a bit to much $$$$

Votes: 15 12.3%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
According to the Honda accessory documentation, the Fog light "switch" is added to the "Fn" key by modifying the Settings page. To do that you need a special connector that Honda calls SCS short connector.

This means that 3rd party can't be "integrated" on the bike like it's possible now with the "prev gen" model.

Regarding the iPhone position, to me it seems really a shame they provided the AppleCar experience without making available a place where to put the phone... I feel the need for an accessory bar above the TFT.
Lol you have not seen me with wiring - lights - switches. I did even put a second OEM switch on my ATAS . I can ALWAYS find places to mount a switch or two >:) ROFL the last two pics are the 8 switches on my overhead in my truck plus 5 others on and around my dash. So yea, I’m not bad at finding places to put switches, but it is nice when there is already a place for them...BTW the first pic is the switches mounted Ed to the stem of the left hand mirror...
Also I might add.. Having apple CarPlay you really don’t need your phone out, most of what you need (controls and all) are accessible through the display. So really your phone will be sitting there kinda just useless, considering that Apple play is more like an extension for your phone..

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are you driving in the famous Coca-Cola truck? 😁😁😁 looks nice.
The fog lights are already prewired just like some other parts like alarm. In the service menu you can enable the function. With the FN button on right you can select DRL AUDIO of headset and fog lights and left fn Switch on or off and volume higher and lower.
The Apple carplay on the screen is only working if you connect it on the usb port on the right side. So I will make some to mount the phone some where.

·
Registered
77 Posts
In the documention is that not mentioned. For the quickshifter you need it but for the foglights and heatgrips not the imu see that there is a current going trough the output based on that the button will be activated in the screen. The outputs are solidstate relays or triac. It could be possible the it only works with original parts not with others. In that case you need to know the resistance of the lights or heatgrips. I just like with your car if your right blinker lamp is broken the ecu tells you that in your dashboard because the resistant is endless. So it is the very easy to program a button in your software that you can hide if it is not connected.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Since Honda Canada doesn't seem to be interested in providing pricing details so people can pre-order the bike for January and my excitement is wearing off from the announcement I think I am going to change my mind and wait until next summer to get the new bike. By then it might not even be this bike. There are 2 shows I attend each year so am going to give everyone a chance for my money.

I get it that Honda Canada is probably thinking that it's becoming winter here so no one cares but that just isn't true. I don't think it is just me who wants to get this purchase done and over with. The problem is Honda themselves not my dealer. The sales person I talk to doesn't have any more information than the consumer does. I emailed Honda asking for info and didn't even get a canned response. This tells me Honda already has enough money and they don't want mine.

So I'll continue on my trusty CB500X for the time being until next year and save my money for now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
But will you still need the Honda SCS short connector to enter service menu like it's noted in the accessory documentation?
And you will need the new version for euro5 bikes :wink2:

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Since Honda Canada doesn't seem to be interested in providing pricing details so people can pre-order the bike for January and my excitement is wearing off from the announcement I think I am going to change my mind and wait until next summer to get the new bike. By then it might not even be this bike. There are 2 shows I attend each year so am going to give everyone a chance for my money.

I get it that Honda Canada is probably thinking that it's becoming winter here so no one cares but that just isn't true. I don't think it is just me who wants to get this purchase done and over with. The problem is Honda themselves not my dealer. The sales person I talk to doesn't have any more information than the consumer does. I emailed Honda asking for info and didn't even get a canned response. This tells me Honda already has enough money and they don't want mine.

So I'll continue on my trusty CB500X for the time being until next year and save my money for now.
About the same here in Switzerland, not that I want a 2020 model, but their ways are so weird you can pre reserve your AT on the Honda website, but they still have no prices on any models whatsoever, who buys blindly like this also without target dates for models arrival either.

At Triumph everything was clear and they sell bikes even in winter, go figure !

·
Registered
769 Posts
I signed up for updates on the Honda UK website months ago and to date, I’ve received nothing at all. I’ve checked my junk mail regularly too but seems that no info is forthcoming. Oh well, next week is showtime and I can see it under the bright lights.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Guys I was lucky that I am one of the first customer who have the bike at home. What Honda commercially is doing I don’t know but it is not smart. With all the items which Honda has changed on the bike you should think they they really listen to their customers and also read comments on several forums. It is what I see more technically good but commercial a to lot learn.
Last Saturday I mounted the top luggage box of 58l and it is big but very nice( my opinion). I a made a small tour trough Belgium and I feel still like a little boy who gets a icecream.

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Guys I was lucky that I am one of the first customer who have the bike at home. What Honda commercially is doing I don’t know but it is not smart. With all the items which Honda has changed on the bike you should think they they really listen to their customers and also read comments on several forums. It is what I see more technically good but commercial a to lot learn.
Last Saturday I mounted the top luggage box of 58l and it is big but very nice( my opinion). I a made a small tour trough Belgium and I feel still like a little boy who gets a icecream.
Sweet ride, glad to hear you’re enjoying it :grin2:
Wow you could carry a dead body in that top box. Funny how they really stick out with out a rider on the bike. Yea, I got a small top box and some fairly big panniers. But I’m gonna get a large top box for when I travel. That’s my usual set up a small box for everyday and a huge one for traveling...

·
Registered
77 Posts
You never know what comes in front of your wheels. Christmas is coming soon. On my old bike I had also the small version and 2 side cases which I never used. So I decide to have 58L on top for travel and the small for work same as you.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I also got mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Today I happened to be in the area of my Honda dealer. My wife and I first went to another motorcycle store as she needs some better gloves. They are a Triumph dealer and they had a demo 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa? there for $5000 off MSRP with free panniers. Pretty much everything is on it already. I was really tempted. My wife bought some better gloves and I looked at helmets.

But then we left and went to my Honda dealer. They have a 2019 ATAS there that I sat on and I didn't even get my butt on the seat before it just felt like home. I remarked to my wife that now I know why I was getting the new version of this bike. The 2019 ATAS I have to tip toe but it was on the high seat settings. The 2020 is lower so I will be able to flat foot the new one which is perfect. The pegs are where they are supposed to be. Everything just fits.

So long story short... I end up talking to my sales person and he calls his Honda rep and leaves a message asking if he has a customer standing right in front of him wanting to purchase a 2020 ATAS ES DCT how can that happen? Of course it's on voicemail but at least he is trying.

I still say Honda makes a great product but their marketing and sales just don't give a **** about Canada or US much.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Today I happened to be in the area of my Honda dealer. My wife and I first went to another motorcycle store as she needs some better gloves. They are a Triumph dealer and they had a demo 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa? there for $5000 off MSRP with free panniers. Pretty much everything is on it already. I was really tempted. My wife bought some better gloves and I looked at helmets.

But then we left and went to my Honda dealer. They have a 2019 ATAS there that I sat on and I didn't even get my butt on the seat before it just felt like home. I remarked to my wife that now I know why I was getting the new version of this bike. The 2019 ATAS I have to tip toe but it was on the high seat settings. The 2020 is lower so I will be able to flat foot the new one which is perfect. The pegs are where they are supposed to be. Everything just fits.

So long story short... I end up talking to my sales person and he calls his Honda rep and leaves a message asking if he has a customer standing right in front of him wanting to purchase a 2020 ATAS ES DCT how can that happen? Of course it's on voicemail but at least he is trying.

I still say Honda makes a great product but their marketing and sales just don't give a **** about Canada or US much.
Yea not a lot of bike sales in the winter so you would think they would be kissing butt and treating you like royalty when you ask to buy one..

121 - 140 of 156 Posts