Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per one of my other threads about Bluetooth and helmets - listening to certain music brings the hoonigan out in me, I’ve noticed that most of the ppl that have taken that poll in that post are connected for music. I was just curious IF any music brings out at least a bit more aggressive driving and if so, what music does...I have a few that do, here a c opulent of those songs (that I can think of just now)...

nowhere to go - arch leaves
lonely boy - black keys
blood in the cut - k.flay
Home (original mix) - moontricks

Post the track & artist of your hoonigan music (if you have any)
I’ll have to go through my playlists and find the others...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sometimes it seems like just good weather brings out the hoonigan in me lol Rage Against the Machine would probably not be my first choice if I'm riding with my girlfriend :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There are many. I will arbitrarily choose one:

Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla
Just HAD to play that one!!! It’s been sooooo long since I jammed that one thanks ‘DT” next just had to play some BOC burning for you - the reaper is spooled up next to play...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great!
Double Thumper got me to pop open my old school playlist’s ...

·
Registered
47 Posts
The guitars of Radar Love - Original by Golden Earing and the metal cover by Leo Moracchioli. (If you don't know who Leo is then look him up on YouTube.)

I have a bunch of them from many genres. I like most of Rage Against the Machine too. I'm 51 but listen to everything except mainstream country. Music is very subjective.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
lol - Don't fear it! :wink2:
ROFL I do not, nor the win, the sun, and the rain... you do know that; we can become like they are....

The guitars of Radar Love - Original by Golden Earing and the metal cover by Leo Moracchioli. (If you don't know who Leo is then look him up on YouTube.)

I have a bunch of them from many genres. I like most of Rage Against the Machine too. I'm 51 but listen to everything except mainstream country. Music is very subjective.
Yea I was just talking the other day about music and in general just how diversified we have become. At our age we can easily remember just how short our scope of music was. Back then if you didn’t have the album (or know someone who did) or hear it on the radio then you really had no clue about any other songs or even genre. The digital age and easy access to music and the fact that most music browser’s help you find similar songs/artists has validated the 6deg. of separation. LOL but then, it also causes issues like with me and my distal library of a little over 70k songs and when the music browser’s I use update and occasionally what to update my music library. Well then in the words of PinkFloyd; “ Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.“ (just encase you are wondering - YES they are all legal MP3’s)

BTW Radar Love - Golden Earing is also on my list of hooigan songs..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Radar Love would normally do it for me while raging in the cage. But having " ... my hand's wet on the wheel ... " just doesn't feel the same on the bike (it even sounds painful).

Nevertheless, with the dilution of modern "music" and its artificially generated rhythm and lyrics, like an old friend it is satisfying falling back on some soulful playback that past legendary artists put together so meticulously.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Radar Love would normally do it for me while raging in the cage. But having " ... my hand's wet on the wheel ... " just doesn't feel the same on the bike (it even sounds painful).

Nevertheless, with the dilution of modern "music" and its artificially generated rhythm and lyrics, like an old friend it is satisfying falling back on some soulful playback that past legendary artists put together so meticulously.
Oh so we’re going with “Back in my day, the music was better” route and should we ad we walked barefoot in the snow, up hill both ways too..
Just kidding, yea for a while it was like, that very deluded with same beats and riffs and different lyrics...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Oh so we’re going with “Back in my day, the music was better” route and should we ad we walked barefoot in the snow, up hill both ways too..
Just kidding, yea for a while it was like, that very deluded with same beats and riffs and different lyrics...
Don't wish to trail of the m/c path, but sometimes it is hard to wrap the mind around it all. I recall during much of the 80's mainstream music really sucked. Today, (*ugh*), ... even that music seems a bit better.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't wish to trail of the m/c path, but sometimes it is hard to wrap the mind around it all. I recall during much of the 80's mainstream music really sucked. Today, (*ugh*), ... even that music seems a bit better.
There’s a quote from a movie about old music: “Just because it’s a classic doesn’t make it good, if it sucked back then, it still sucks now”...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
There are some songs that just make my speedometer and the speed limit sign become misaligned.
Like:
Baba O’Reiley - Xero/G
Mr.Brightside - The Killers
Rollercoaster - Bleachers

And a couple of others seem to have a effect on the throttle that police won’t appreciate...
ROFL nor if I’m stuck in traffic, the other people - my singing... Not sure bout my “dance” moves with the bike, but they do seem to leave me lots of room to “bust a move’...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another bad one is:
Outro - M83

that one sneaks up on me every time, stars slow, then the next thing I know, I no longer see the “limit” in “speed limit”

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
Ram Jam - Black Betty

Just love that song when riding
Yea, poor old Black Betty and her kid that went wild.... I think it might of been at the shindig that the Red Hot Chili Peppers could not stop....
two more great riding songs...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts