Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently installed a Mra Vario touring screen. I also have the fork shield. Over a long ride last weekend I noticed that the bike is not as stable as per usual.. there seems to be quite a lot of movement from the front..Is it just me or other have noticed it too?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I put the same screen on my bike two days after I got it, and have had no problems. However, I tried the fork shields and found them useless, a ripoff. Blocking the air that flows through the fork tunnels might be causing the problem...Have you tried the screen without the fork shields?

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the same screen on my bike two days after I got it, and have had no problems. However, I tried the fork shields and found them useless, a ripoff. Blocking the air that flows through the fork tunnels might be causing the problem...Have you tried the screen without the fork shields?

Hi Cehanska, thanks for the feedback. Yes this is going to be the experiment of this weekend. Run the bike without the fork shield ..I will report back ..

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have MRA Vario too, no fork shield, no problems.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I suspect the forkshield is acting like a sail and lifting the weight off the front end of the bike. The screen is unlikely to have any effect, in fact, it's more likely to help push the front end down as it deflects the air up and over the front/rider. The last thing I'd want is to lose weight and ergo traction from the front tyre. :surprise:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dany, thanks for the feedback...Yes it can be scary at times... Specially when cornering and feel the front wheel chattering .. I will get it off today and give it a try

1 - 9 of 9 Posts