Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else had a problem with downloading update for android auto? Have installed on USB driver but bike want update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 base standard
54 Posts
Dunno if this could be your problem or not, but...

Is the flashdrive (memory stick) that you are using the high speed 2.0 type? The install instruction says " A USB 2.0 or higher flash drive with at least 512 MB capacity "

I did the software update recently, and it went smoothly, didn't take long either, took 10 to 15 minutes if I remember correctly.

·
Administrator
3,528 Posts
Is the flashdrive (memory stick) that you are using the high speed 2.0 type? The install instruction says " A USB 2.0 or higher flash drive with at least 512 MB capacity "
Unless the drive has been around for a long time, most are going to be USB 2.0 or higher. The USB 2.0 standard was released in 2000 and revised in 2001. You can still find USB 2.0 drives, but most new drives. are of the 3.x variety. You might be able to find older than 2.0 on eBay or the like if you really needed one for some reason, but they are a bit rare.

As @Hood mentions, the drive does have to be formatted Fat32

I find USB drives notoriously unreliable. I have some that will read in 1 or 2 of my computers, but not in another. Some that will read in all my computers, but not my printer or vice versa, etc. Trying a different drive might also be worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
514 Posts
Have a look at the USB drive and see if there is a file called CRF1100_v3.update.log on it. I have just looked at mine and it is there and details the progression of the update, it may contain info on what is wrong with yours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have a look at the USB drive and see if there is a file called CRF1100_v3.update.log on it. I have just looked at mine and it is there and details the progression of the update, it may contain info on what is wrong with yours.
I'm sure what you mean, not great at this stuff, can you explain alittle more?

·
Registered
484 Posts

most of the time it´s simply the stick , or if you try more times , remeber to delete the files created created in the instalation from it (easy to see as you will have three files , two are very little >delete , one it´s round about 169 MB > NOT delete)

Reactions: Craig B

·
Registered
8 Posts
The problem I'm having is formatting the USB stick to FAT 32. Windows 10 PCs and above don't have the FAT 32 option. Seems like all the newer USB Memory sticks are formatted as NTFS.

·
Administrator
3,528 Posts
The problem I'm having is formatting the USB stick to FAT 32. Windows 10 PCs and above don't have the FAT 32 option. Seems like all the newer USB Memory sticks are formatted as NTFS.
That should only be the case with USB sticks larger than 32GB. Smaller USB Sticks should still have the option to format to Fat32. There is a way to format a larger drive through a 3rd party app or Powershell, but otherwise finding a smaller capacity stick should solve the issue.

Light Product Font Screenshot Software

Powershell method..
Open PowerShell with administrative privileges by hitting Windows+X on your keyboard, and then selecting “PowerShell (Admin)” from the Power User menu.

At the PowerShell prompt, type the following command (replacing X: with whatever drive letter you want to format), and then hit Enter:

format /FS:FAT32 X:

Here is a 64GB Lexar Drive formatting using the 3rd party app in Windows...

Font Rectangle Screenshot Circle Number

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so finely have it download on the bike but now having issues with it connecting to phone. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
514 Posts
Ok, so finely have it download on the bike but now having issues with it connecting to phone. Any suggestions?
Are you talking Bluetooth or Apple Carplay/Android Auto?
If the former then have you gone into the settings on the bike to enable the phone and made sure bluetooth is enabled on the phone.
If the latter, did it connect before easily? If not then could be you need a better cable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts