Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
How about this alternative?

Use the halos on your headlight & foglights as DRL, then wire the lowbeam to your highbeam switch so all your lights come on with the flip of the HB switch during night time riding.

Oh, and don't forget to adjust your lights so as to not blind oncoming traffic.

Good or bad idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
How about this alternative?

Use the halos on your headlight & foglights as DRL, then wire the lowbeam to your highbeam switch so all your lights come on with the flip of the HB switch during night time riding.

Oh, and don't forget to adjust your lights so as to not blind oncoming traffic.

Good or bad idea?
I like the possibility of turning off the lowbeam, I would like to make a switch for it, independent of the highbeam.
Where did you switched it? Directly in the fuse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the possibility of turning off the lowbeam, I would like to make a switch for it, independent of the highbeam.
Where did you switched it? Directly in the fuse?
Love the look of the halo only option. Would like to know where you switched the low beam as well

·
Registered
251 Posts
Does anyone has a bright idea how to convert that single headlight to a double? And not turning the high beam on?

I just don't like it that there is only 1 of the headlights working... Feels like the other one is stuck.

I haven't seen a module out that can convert the high beam to a lower power so you have a normal double.

So if there isn't a module (yet)... are there any other options?
This brings up questions I have not found an answer to yet. My 2011 V-Strom had two headlights and both were lit at all times. They were probably the best set of headlights any of my motorcycles had. If one element failed you still had light so you were not suddenly and unexpectedly left in the dark trying to guess where you were on the road. I experienced that once on a moonless night and have no desire to repeat the incident. Why was this placed in effect on many new motorcycles with twin headlights? Safety issue, legal issue, weird sense of humour or twisted perception of asthetic beauty?

I came across one story saying one light on low beam and two on high was implemented because car drivers observing a bike approaching them would often interpret a motorcycle at night with two headlights on for a car much farther away than the bike. I don't think that holds water well since a motorcycle at night with one headlight in traffic can be mistaken for a car with a failed headlamp.

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Wouldn’t think it would be a legal issue. After all they do sell bikes with dual lights.
good question tho..
I’m guessing a better dispersal of light ( as in more precise) and better range ?

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Yea I really like the look of just the halos but...
Prefer the “safety “ of having the low beam on during the day.
Also agree with the vast majority that the cyclops look is not desirable, great move on Honda’s part going to duals on the 2020’s

Reactions: DoubleThumper

·
Super Moderator
3,765 Posts
Yea I really like the look of just the halos but...
Prefer the “safety “ of having the low beam on during the day.
Also agree with the vast majority that the cyclops look is not desirable, great move on Honda’s part going to duals on the 2020’s
Agreed. The somewhat Japanese animal-like "anime" dual headlight arrangement is paralyzingly interesting versus the dull cyclops headlight arrangement.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Pretty easy get also the high beam on ( dimmed ) when the low beam is in use , just put a resistor ( 27 ohms 1W ) between the two led + cables

21 - 36 of 36 Posts