Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of my new ATAS with Pirelli Scorpion tyres so I'm selling the OEM Dunlop Trailmax D610 tyres. Dont know what they're worth. £150 for both?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey mikef. I doubt you will get too many takers. These are the first thing most people change on their bikes because of the horrible reviews they have gotten on this and other forums. Mine have been sitting under my house for 2 years. But good luck anyway!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't think those tires are bad at all. I put 1800 miles on my new 17 AT mostly on the road in dry and wet. Never had a problem and was able to lean them as far as I wanted to. Only did about 50 miles on forest roads and even at road pressure they where ok.
Having said all that I just put on a set of Shinko 804/805's because I plan a lot of offroad use this summer.
Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think those tires are bad at all. I put 1800 miles on my new 17 AT mostly on the road in dry and wet. Never had a problem and was able to lean them as far as I wanted to. Only did about 50 miles on forest roads and even at road pressure they where ok.
Having said all that I just put on a set of Shinko 804/805's because I plan a lot of offroad use this summer.
Good luck with the sale.
I put 7000km on mine had no problem at all. Unless you doing a lot of off-pavement
I would put them on again . Most negative reviews are from Europe but I think the road surface is way different in North America.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
I found the Dunlop Trailmax D610 wore fast, but were also skittish on "waxy" turns, where other tires would not have done the same.

Hopefully the Trailmax Missions supersede the "D" series.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve got 10000 miles on my front and it still has some life left in it. Had about 9000 miles on the rear and only changed it out due to the fact that I got a flat. I had a brand new stock one to replace it with so I will be running on the stock ones for probably another 10000 or so. They are very long life from what I can tell. Just waiting for my front to get down to the wear bars so I can change it out. I’m guessing at least one or two more thousand miles for the front. I have a brand new stock front also to put on. I personally like them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts