Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
913 Posts
I see more surface area for traction. That looks to be a trail for the drz and not a crf, always need 2 bikes.

Reactions: EmmEff

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were set to 36/41 actually for the ride, double checked when I got home and pressure somehow managed to maintain itself perfectly.

Definitely not something I had any business taking the Twin on given the fact that I was also fully loaded for camping and we did the entire **** section in a single day in 105* heat! Damage here is in no small part to me reaching the point of exhaustion and just needing to get down off the **** mountain before somebody dies from heat stroke!

·
Registered
2023 Africa Twin 1100 manual (on backorder)
148 Posts
That looks much better than my E09's after riding through rocks for a day in about 38c. They don't seem to chunk or anything weird really.

·
Administrator
4,224 Posts
They were set to 36/41 actually for the ride, double checked when I got home and pressure somehow managed to maintain itself perfectly.
Dunlop recommends 28/36psi front and rear for the Mission on the AT. But I am not sure whether it would have made any difference.

Glad that you got down without a heatstroke issue. We were at a rally over the July 23/24 weekend and there were a couple of incidences of heat stroke. Nothing to mess around with.

·
Registered
2017 CRF1000 manual w Rally livery
66 Posts
Was up there on July 24 in the heat on a technical WABDR section using same Dunlop tires as OP on an AT. Almost died from the heat as I was keeping up with 2 fast moving KTM 450's (my bike was unloaded). My Rear tire has about 4K and doesn't look quite as chunked as yours. I run with a few lbs less pressure than you. My main issue (and it could be the Karoo on the Front....?) is a loud howl on tarmac between 50 and 55 mph. My Rear tire also feels very stiff to the touch and it about 1 yr old. Am going to try diff tires soon as the howl is exhausting.

·
Administrator
4,224 Posts
My main issue (and it could be the Karoo on the Front....?) is a loud howl on tarmac between 50 and 55 mph. My Rear tire also feels very stiff to the touch and it about 1 yr old. Am going to try diff tires soon as the howl is exhausting.
Can confirm that the Karoo 3 will howl like a banshee around those speeds. I like the tires, but they should come with a box of ear plugs included :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts