Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm expecting ECU reflashes will be forthcoming as will FI tuning kits. I'm not in a hurry though, I can pretty much keep up or go faster than any bike I've encountered so far on twisty back roads, including 180hp Super Dukes. The bike really handles well and while it only makes 90-odd hp, you can put all of them to good use. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine's a DCT too. The biggest surprise for me is just how good a road bike it is, especially strafing twisties. You'll love it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I cant help wonder if there is anything to be gained out of removing the CAT with a slip on fitted ? Does the temi headers / race pipe have a CAT
Getting rid of the cat definitely makes a power difference on most bikes. Big gain on my S10 when I switched to the arrow headers.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes, old trick, however, I saw a guy have a strap break mid track and pop his front end up. He left in an ambulance. I'm not looking to make it any faster than it is. I always run my bikes bone stock, sans lowering, exhaust, intakes, etc. I just like the fun of being at the track with good people.

I wasn't fast enough to order one here so I'll be waiting for quite some time at this point. I'm still up in the air about which trans to get. I don't think I'm ready for modern technology. :grin2:
Harley Sportster might be a better fit? :wink2:

·
Registered
379 Posts
HI Guys , fitted a Remus pipe on Friday , with insert removed it is way too loud , so followed some advise and did the mod to the insert , really happy with it .. just one thing the STD covers now look odd as they do not line up . Any one got a cure besides waiting for them to make headers ?
There's a piece of aluminum holding the plastic cover up, you could try filing that down a bit at the risk of melting the cover, or wait till the aftermarket comes out with something better fitting.

I don't worry about mine, too many other things to focus on. :smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts