Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Hello! from India. Honda has been "Catch me if you can" with us in India since a year now. We expect bookings to start by Jan 2017 (hopefully!).
Meanwhile I've been catching up with all the news and updates on this forum. The more I read the more patience I loose :smile2:

I currently ride a Ducati Monster 796 (2011) which I've used to graduate from a weekend warrior to a week long tourer. Almost all of my touring has been on tarmac and don't expect a change anytime soon, hate the highway, love the twistys!!! :grin2:

I'm upgrading to Africa Twin for the same reason. I understand that the AT has been purpose built for off-roading for which it's been kitted with 21" front and 19" rear tyres.
My question is will this compromise my cornering ability/confidence? If yes, can i restore it why by replacing 21" front with 19"?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I understand that the AT has been purpose built for off-roading for which it's been kitted with 21" front and 19" rear tyres.
My question is will this compromise my cornering ability/confidence? If yes, can i restore it why by replacing 21" front with 19"?
The rear wheel 18" diameter

Don't do anything drastic as it rides great on the 21" / 18" wheels

As a pure tarmac rider you may wish to consider getting rid of the tubed tyres and look into tubeliss/outex and tubeless tyres

(my choice was to fit 4mm thick UHD tubes)

The wait is worth it and some minor issues with the new bike can be readabout on this and other websites online

Good luck

Ian ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts