Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I initially intended to have my local dealership install the OEM 12v changer, but after doing some research I ordered the Eastern Beaver PC-8. I've read that to install the OEM 12v is a PITA and wanted to get peoples thoughts on fishing wires from the PC-8 under the seat up to the dash and threading in combination usb/usb c/ volt meter
Can it be done with out removing any of the bikes panels? I like the idea that all the power outputs are going through the PC-8.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
B

·
Registered
CRF1000L | CB1000R
259 Posts
Sure can. Ran my wires where you see the orange tape and going forward. Might need a pice of coat hanger wire to help feed the wires through the opening. I have wiring for two gps units, heated grips, and the USB port which is visible near the top of the tank.

The loose red wire near the tank bag is an audio cable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure can. Ran my wires where you see the orange tape and going forward. Might need a pice of coat hanger wire to help feed the wires through the opening. I have wiring for two gps units, heated grips, and the USB port which is visible near the top of the tank.

View attachment 62981
Thanks so much for including the picture!
I have this and think it will work better than a coat hanger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for including the picture!
I have this and think it will work better than a coat hanger.
[/URL]

View attachment 62981
did you run your wires in a housing or did you bind them together?

·
Registered
2017 DCT
320 Posts
Did something similare with a PC8 and power to a few things up front. Took the black trim strip just below the tank off, fished wires in some sleeving through and have been quite happy.

I used the sleeving that is a black tube, maybe 10mm in diameter, like you see on most auto harnesses. I think I picked it up at Harbor Freight.

No issues in almost a couple of years, now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts