Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ATAS Es DCT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just curious if anybody has the PC-8 installed on a 2019 ATAS? I know they sell the custom harness for the AT, but I’m not sure if it would work on the Adventure Sport. Any clues?

Thanks,
pikester5

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Hey everyone, just curious if anybody has the PC-8 installed on a 2019 ATAS? I know they sell the custom harness for the AT, but I’m not sure if it would work on the Adventure Sport. Any clues?

Thanks,
pikester5
I have one on my 2019 ATAS. I went with the optional Powerlink and chose long. Ran it under the pillion seat.

·
Registered
2021 ATAS Es DCT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one on my 2019 ATAS. I went with the optional Powerlink and chose long. Ran it under the pillion seat.
Thanks Cuchulainn! Was it a pretty straightforward install? Is there plenty of room under the pillion seat?

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Thanks Cuchulainn! Was it a pretty straightforward install? Is there plenty of room under the pillion seat?
Nothing is ever really "straight forward" when it comes to that tool box and the battery leads. But once I got that done the rest was straight forward :)

The relay connects to that rear connector and the rest was easy. Plenty of room under the seat.

Just used a couple knobs I picked up at the local Ace Hardware to replace the seat bolts.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
I did use a couple of pieces of their dual lock strips to mount it. It seems like a good solid product. Strong adhesive and a positive lock.

·
Registered
2021 ATAS Es DCT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What color is your bike? It looks like it’s the red/white/blue scheme, but I didn’t think the Adventure Sport was offered in that color.

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
What color is your bike? It looks like it’s the red/white/blue scheme, but I didn’t think the Adventure Sport was offered in that color.
I think the blue color cast from the flash, and/or my phone which is the Samsung Aura Blue Color.

The bike itself is the White/Gray/Silver

·
Registered
2021 ATAS Es DCT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the blue color cast from the flash, and/or my phone which is the Samsung Aura Blue Color.

The bike itself is the White/Gray/Silver

Cuch, what brand engine guards do you have? Looks like they work with the stock skid plate, huh.

·
Registered
2021 ATAS Es DCT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did use a couple of pieces of their dual lock strips to mount it. It seems like a good solid product. Strong adhesive and a positive lock.
Cuch, does the custom harness provide the switched power or do you still have to tap into a switched wire?

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Cuch, does the custom harness provide the switched power or do you still have to tap into a switched wire?
If I understand what you are asking, it taps in to that 6P connector for the factory alarm that is located under the passenger seat to the left hand side for the switched wire.

If you have the factory alarm installed you would need to add the splitter.

If you do not have the factory alarm installed, that 6P connector is just taped and capped. Remove the tape and cap and plug it in.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
711 Posts
I also have an Eastern Beaver PC-8 on my 2016 AT 1000L. Also went with the long Powerlink solution and am running it under the pillion. The item was easy to install and operate. It provides both switched and unswitched (direct to battery) connections. If you do install one, be careful installing the fuses into the PC board. The PC board connectors are tight and can be bent if you're not careful. I take a screwdriver handle and lightly tap the fuses down into place.

It is a very-well-designed upgrade for the AT electrical system. The item is manufactured in, and ships from, Japan.

·
Registered
2021 ATAS Es DCT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For guys with the PC-8 & powerlink, do you put a 30 amp fuse in both the black and white fuse holders?

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
For guys with the PC-8 & powerlink, do you put a 30 amp fuse in both the black and white fuse holders?
Sorry I missed this earlier. You probably already figured out the answer, but yes. 30A fuse in both the black and white fuse holders.

Edit:. I take that back, it's 20A in the white..

From Eastern Beaver:

This Kit is now 50A capable using dual main fuseholders. The black fuseholder (30A max) serves 6 switched circuits, the white fuseholder (20A max) serves the 2 unswitched circuits

1 - 20 of 22 Posts