Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a UK customs bill for £28 for my Eastern Beaver 3pcs which cost $69.95 USD,
plus Postage and packaging at $13.99 USD

Total $83.94 USD

In total £95.

Not sure if i should have expected that and not sure i would have paid that if i had been aware

·
Registered
479 Posts
Aaah, the price of living in the UK, roads, railways, relatively honest politicians, decent police and emergency services etc etc, tax pays for it all, buying from the US bypassed VAT, a consumption tax that pays for lots of things we take for granted!

·
Registered
884 Posts
It's a great unit, but that's a lot of extra tacked on top of the price of it. Funny enough, I didn't pay a dime of duty or taxes when it came to me in Canada and it shipped from Japan in literally days.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In the process of getting stung for this now.

Paid over £110 for the PC8 kit and now I've got to pay an additional £35 that I didn't know about.

No way I would have paid this if I had known - watch out people.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is hit and miss - sometimes you get a customs charge sometimes not.
I had a delivery from the States with a value of £300 plus which was marked up as a sample with no charge.
Just can't be sure.
Z

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm being charged £22.54 VAT by customs and a £12 handling fee by ParcelForce. Cheeky f~*@grrrrr!

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's not up to Eastern Beaver to figure out the applicable customs/import tax/VAT/GST/Government Gouge, that's your job.

Figure it all out and if the money becomes an issue, look at another solution.

I ordered a cable from EB, arrived in Australia from Japan three days later and no additional charges.

Maybe move to Australia or Canada.

:wink2:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yup I agree - not down to Eastern Beaver.... but y'know.. still grrrrr :)

The VAT I'm ok with - but the additional courier charge is just scam by ParcelForce. They have already been paid to courier the product through customs by EasternBeaver (with my money) but they found a way to charge me again - holding my parcel ransom until I pay - I'm pretty sure that's called extortion... hmmmm :|

Point of principal for me.

To be clear - no problem with EasternBeaver here. It left Japan in within a couple of days. Great service from them. Can't comment on the product itself yet but I'll report back once I have it in hand - can't wait!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
inexorable
"The VAT I'm ok with - but the additional courier charge is just scam by ParcelForce."

Were you in when Parcelforce turned up?...I am guessing not
I am pretty sure that if you receive the parcel you can pay the VAT by card to the delivery chap at the door
With no extra charge

The reason they charge extra is because you were not in and they have to take it back to the depot
They are not allowed to hand it over until you have paid the VAT (customs charge)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't think I've had an extra charge yet and I've bought a couple of times from them over the years, most recently my 3 piece wiring kit for the at

1 - 11 of 11 Posts