Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted this already on Advrider , but gonna post it here to.

If you have had dirtbikes before then you know that the swingarm bolt normally have very little grease from the factory, and it tends to seize inside the engine. It can be VERY hard to remove it if it has seized so its a good idea to GREASE it as soon as possible to prevent sweat and tears later on ;-).

I find the most easy way to do it is like this.

Put the bike on a stand so that the rear wheel is just touching the floor, that will take of most of the load from the swingarm bolt.

Then use a old swingarm bolt ( grease it first ) with same or close to same diameter to drive the swingarm bolt a little more then half the way out , dont drive it all the way out, there is no need to and might get hard to align it again.

When the swingarm bolt is out then put a good amount of grease on it, then drive it back in. Turn it few times to get the grease everywhere and your done.

This only takes few minuts and much easier then to remove the swingarm from the bike,,,,.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great idea, thanks! Mine slid right out with your tip about slight pressure on the rear wheel. I used a ratcheting strap to accomplish this while on the center stand. By the way, swingarm pivot nut specified torque is: 80 N·m (8.2 kgf·m, 59 lbf·ft)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts