Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just curious does anybody know of an ECM reflash or programming function for the 2017 Africa twin DCT. I would like to be able to keep the sport 2 mode engaged after a restart of the bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The bike resets itself to N at boot before startup. You have to push the button to go from N to D once, what is so hard about pushing it twice to go to S.

It does remember the last S mode you rode, does it not? If it does not come up with the last S mode there is a problem.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Theres non that I know of but I would be more interested in a dongle like KTM has to remember your off road settings so you dont have to turn off the ABS, put it in gravel mode, reset your traction control to where you like it etc etc. also it would be great to be able to do that on the fly so you didnt have to stop every time your came across some dirt

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree jediboy01 I find myself in the same situations having to worry about settings. Especially when coming off and on gravel or dirt roads. I would just like to have the full flexibility to customize settings I make to bike and have them remain. Its not a lot to ask for given the technology available in todays bikes. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm ok changing my setting when transitioning from on road to offroad. As I would stop my bike before hitting the trails to do a little prayer to get my courage and fears of falling a million times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts