Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day out on the Egg Run today. Started from Davidstow Airfield Cornwall and 60+ miles later in the wind and rain we ended up near Launceston,
AT got loads of comments amongst the 150+bikes and run faultlessly.
100yds from home on the little unmade lane to my house travelling at 5mph I caught the front wheel on a mound of wet grass in the track and hit the deck.
I almost didn't want to pick it up wincing at the possible damage but I can confirm these are tough machines and the only issue was the handguard was bent up and twisted but with a push went back to shape, and not a scratch anywhere. so mileage so far is 135.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I watched a video where a journalist drops one of the press bikes off-road at a similar pace.

Like yourself, when he picked it up it had no damage, with only the hand guard requiring a slight adjustment.

It seems like Honda want to make a statement with old school build quality and reliability with this bike. A welcome return to form it seems...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least now we know that the AT was built to take a few falls. How was it in the rain and wind?
Thankfully its a tough bike, The rains fine and wet roads are ok but a bit sketchy on the new tyres for a while,i did notice I was blown about a bit in the gusty wind compared to my old Versys 1000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This cracked me up....
Its a Easter egg charity run, we raised £3k+
Update though, riding today I noticed the handle bars were low on one side, thankfully I was passing the Honda dealers I bought it from and it was a twisted triple tree, 10mins later and sorted for free, great guys, mileage now 182.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts